Sunday 4 August 2013

Weddings: Dress code 101

I love weddings!  And I am honored enough to celebrate this special day with a good friend of mine.  The location:  Sydney Opera House.  Sigh... just imagine the romantic night lights.  The date:  September - and even though my wardrobe is bursting with clothes, I'm sure you'll agree I have nothing to wear!

Is it just me, or whenever I hear weddings, I just want to wear white - of course I believe that's a big no-no.  Let me share with you my thoughts on "wedding guest" dress attire.



1.  White not? (unless told to do so):  I know, as dreamy as the setting fits.  You must refrain from wearing white as this is most likely the Bride's colour.  It's called respect.  Although, I think part white is acceptable.  But just think of all the other colours you could wear!




 2. While it is ok to wear black to a wedding (although I would avoid it), the trick here is to avoid the goth card.  Weddings are a time for joy and celebration, not a funeral.  Why not spice it up with pops of colour?

3.  No skanks allowed.  The attention needs to stay on the Bride, so stash away those short mini's and plunging necklines.  Revealing dresses are banned. Always keep the formality of the occasion in mind and be respectful. "There is a lot of sitting and standing at a wedding—sometimes even kneeling—and it's just not attractive to do those things in a dress that's too skimpy.





4. Meeting of the day.  This a day to have some fun and to let your hair down.  Unless it's an amazing suit, I would refrain.



5.  Time to accessorize.  You may want to rethink weather your jewels may be too noisy or clanky, so fishnet stockings or over the top sqeuins.


 6. Don't drop to the floor.  Ok so I hope you're getting it - the theme here is not to upstage the bride.  So try to avoid an extravagant gown - save it for another ball :)


7.  Wedding weather.  Plan in advance!  The last thing you want it to be drenched, sweating in the sun or freezing in the cold.  Also, if you know you might be doing some walking - wear comfy heels xx

So, I still don't know what to wear...but I know what NOT to do. I like to be stylish rather than overdress for an occasion.  This will be my fashion inspo xx





Much love xx


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. very cute advice and I love some of these shots! xx

    http://scattergirll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love xx Hope these tips can help for that day of someone special :)

      Delete
  2. great post!
    http://tickledpink.alphie-eve.com

    ReplyDelete